Helicopter transport is an efficient solution for business travelers all over the world. But what about when you want to have a little fun and see some of those amazing sights on your travel bucket list? Here’s our list of top 10 places to see in a helicopter. Get your cameras ready!
- Iguaçu Falls, Brazil – Head to the southern hemisphere for a view of one of the seven natural wonders of the world. From any angle these waterfalls are amazing, but to really see the expansive view you’ll want to take a helicopter ride! You’ll be able to see the Falls in all of their natural glory, and get some pictures from each country – Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay. Much easier to do in a helicopter than on foot! 😉
- Grand Canyon, USA – Another natural wonder, but with a lot less water, is earth’s sculptural masterpiece at the Grand Canyon in the southwest United States. In a helicopter, you can get up close to crevices and angles that even the most skilled rock climbers can’t get access to! Such a great way to see this rocky terrain that includes the North Rim, the dramatic Dragon Corridor, and other beautiful views from the air.
- Alaska – Quite a distance from the southwest United States, but just as gorgeous, are the glaciers in Alaska. A helicopter ride will allow you to see more than three million lakes, 16,000 square miles of glacier ice, and 34,000 miles of shoreline in chilly, yet scenic Alaska. If you really want a pitstop on your helicopter ride, then check out one of Alaska’s dogsled camps!
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil – If cold weather and ice isn’t your thing, then head to the sunny beaches of Rio de Janeiro. The iconic Cristo statue overlooks the entire city, and getting up close in a helicopter is unforgettable! Rio’s unique topography of city, mountains, and beach make it the perfect coastline for a helicopter tour. You can even go up the coast to some of Rio’s beach hideaways in Angra dos Reis, a top vacation spot for Brazil’s jetsetters!
- French Riviera – Speaking of beach hideaways, this Mediterranean resort area is one of the most sought after vacation destinations in the world. With almost half of these tourists coming by air, make your trip to this idyllic European coastline in a helicopter and avoid the crowds. That way, you can jump from iconic cities like Nice and Cannes quickly, allowing you to enjoy more time in this paradise!
- Hong Kong – Is a city tour on your bucket list? Then see the best of east-meets-west in cosmopolitan Hong Kong. From your helicopter you can see the cityscape full of skyscrapers and sights among a glittering skyline. And see some nature too! The beautiful Kowloon Bay and majestic Victoria Peak are stunning from high in the sky as from anywhere down below in the busy city. Or get a little further outside of the city and fly to the New Territories and Lantau Island!
- Hawaii, USA – Just like canyons and waterfalls, some of the best sights to see from a helicopter are of nature. And Hawaii has plenty of it! The 50th of the United States has some pretty dramatic scenery, with rainforests, waterfalls, black-sand beaches, and volcanoes. Volcanoes?!? Yes, you read that right – pilots monitor viewing spots where lava may be flowing, one of mother nature’s phenomena that change hourly. Wow!
- Great Barrier Reef, Australia – Nature lovers should also check out the world’s largest barrier reef that extends 1,600 miles along the Coral Sea off Australia’s northeast coast. Your helicopter ride will take you to unforgettable views of diverse marine life that you can’t see anywhere else in the world. And your pilot can even drop you off near some hidden diving and snorkeling spots away from the crowds!
- London, UK – Back to the big city! London is full of jetsetters and business travelers using helicopter transport as a way to maneuver through traffic, but tourists can enjoy a helicopter tour of this great city, too. Gazing down on the stunning cityscape including St. Paul’s dome, Big Ben, the London Eye, and The Shard are much better from a helicopter than a double decker tour bus. Trust us!
- Laikipia Plateau, Kenya – And last but definitely not least, is one of the most enticing African countries. Visit a part of Kenya that is packed with wildlife, And do it by helicopter! Laikipia is the ideal starting point for helicopter excursions to explore the lake-covered eroded volcano Mount Kenya. Or get a picturesque view of animal patterns below along the massive savannas of the Northern Frontier District. It’s the trip of a lifetime!
There’s something for every traveler on this list, so plan your trip and use BOOKmyHELO to help you see these amazing sights!